Mail issues on windows are more prevalent these days. The reasons are uncertain but by applying simple tricks you can easily fix all the errors and problems encountered on TWC mail app. If you are facing ‘RR mail email settings outdated’ error on windows, then nothing to worry. Just check the solution mentioned below.
If you have recently upgraded the mail and calendar app on Windows 10 OS, then you will probably come across outlook mail account issue. If you are the victim of this problem, then read the content of this guide thoroughly and implement on your device. You are not the only one who is facing this issue but there are more than 30 % of TWC mail users who are facing the same issue.
Every single time when you try to access the RR mail account from outlook account, you will find an error message that display ‘The settings are outdated’. You will even find two options along with this message to either fix or dismiss the message. Most people click on ‘Fix’ to troubleshoot the issue but when after this they notice dark window on the screen.
Some people have even tried to solve the issue by all means but they couldn’t solve this problem. Some errors are so hard to fix that you can’t fix them without taking expert support. So, we are going to discuss steps which are already tested and verified by the technical experts. After implementing these steps, you will be able to get back to the mailing experience from Windows 10 OS based device.
To start with the troubleshooting steps, first, identify the location in your computer where the files related to the Mail app are stored. You will find a folder by name of ‘Localappdata’. This folder needs to be deleted from the computer in order to fix the issue. Before deleting the folder, remember to take backup of all data available in the folder. If you delete the folder without taking a backup, then other devices linked to the account will not able to fetch data from the Road runner web email.
How to resolve the problem?
- Go to ‘Start’ menu and click on ‘PowerShell’ prompt. You need to run this PowerShell as Admin.
- Uninstall the updated mail and calendar app that you have recently updated. You need to enter ‘Get app package’ in the run window and after this enter ‘Property name’ followed by ‘eq-microsoft.windowscommunicationsapp’. Remove all this from the system.
- Once you did with the removal part, click to restart the PC.
- Now, it’s the time to delete the folder from the computer. The folder is not new but the one we have talked in previous steps. Open a command window and enter ‘Home/app data/local/comms.
- Install the same app again from the windows app store. Furthermore, you can also install the app from online sources.
After completing all this, you need to set up the Roadrunner mail account again. You will find that the error get disappeared from the screen and you will be able to access the TWC email login seamlessly. So, we can say that by performing the above-mentioned steps in the same fashion, you can easily fix the ‘Outdates settings’ error.