Despite the decline in sales of BlackBerry smartphones, a significant number of mobile users are still hanging onto their BlackBerry devices because they find their phones easy to use. BlackBerry smartphones have made lives easier for businessmen, which is why the majority of BlackBerry users are businessmen only.
BlackBerry smartphones are superb when it comes to composing, sending and receiving emails. However, what to do when the device is unable to send emails? The purpose of having the phone dies there, but more importantly, users have to suffer because of that issue. It is important to find out as to why users are not able to send emails from their BlackBerry smartphones and how can they overcome this problem.
The problem is appearing especially in Roadrunner email, which is quite strange because RR mail is one of the easiest email services to use. Moreover, BlackBerry smartphones are dedicatedly made for business purposes, yet seeing such an issue rising on the smartphones is quite strange.
Users are in desperate need of a solution to the issue because they want to get back onto the working ways, which involves sending emails through their BlackBerry phones. The problem seems to have originated after the users chose the SMTP server, so let us find out how this problem can be solved.
- Start the troubleshooting process by deleting SMTP offending email account. You can find it under ‘Settings’ > ‘Accounts’.
- After that, you will have to add your RR email account again. However, when you are prompted to enter your email, then you need to go to ‘Advanced Setup’.
- In ‘Advanced Setup’ of TWC email account, you will have to add your RR email account as a POP account instead of SMTP account.
- Besides that, all other settings will remain the same.
- It is going to take some time for your account to setup itself. After that, you will have to go into your account from BlackBerry hub and then, try to send an email. You will be able to send it as well as receive other emails.
- To confirm that everything is back to normal, you can send an email to your contacts, and if they receive it, then it means, the problem is solved.
There are some other important things that you will have to keep in mind, which are:
- Is your Roadrunner email a hosted email?
- Are you using an authenticated SMTP?
- Are you using SSL security?
The answer to each of these questions will decide the solution to your problem. Many users have not enabled SSL security, so if you too haven’t enabled it, then you should. Many users also think that they don’t have to authenticate SMTP in a way that is prescribed by the experts, i.e., over port number 587. The issue could have risen due to entering ‘587’ in the port number, so users can enter ‘25’ and check, if the issue persists or not.
If the problem is not getting resolved, then there is no other option left but to get in touch with TWC email login help and support facility to fix the problem.