Still using a Motorola smartphone? Well, it was once the top smartphone companies but didn’t update itself with the technologies that arrived at that time. This led to the decline of the sales as well as the popularity of the brand. However, many customers are still using Motorola and they seemed to be content with the functioning of this device. The only problem that they are facing is when they have to configure any email because Motorola runs on Droid OS, which is not very popular among the users.
If you too are using Motorola that runs on Droid OS and looking to configure an email account of yours, let’s say TWC email, then you may find some difference in the steps of configuration especially if you have configured the same email in an Android or iOS device. However, it is not something that can’t be done, so we are going to be discussing the process of how to setup TWC email on Motorola Droid OS.
While it is possible for the device to automatically retrieve your email from Google account, but if you are looking to use a built-in email app in order to access third-party email such as TWC email, then you will have to perform certain steps, which are as below:
To set up TWC or Road runner web mail account, you must have your TWC email address and password with you, as you will be adding those in order to log into your email.
- Tap ‘Applications’ tab on the screen, which you can find at the bottom. After that, you will see the apps on the screen from which, you need to tap on ‘email’.
- Tap ‘Menu’ button and then, you will see a pop-up menu from which, you need to select ‘Accounts’. After that, tap ‘Menu’ option followed by selecting ‘Add Account’.
- You will have to enter your TWC email address. It needs to be an address that should end with rr com, @Roadrunner com or twc account. After entering the email address, you need to enter the password for your account. Then, tap ‘Manual’ followed by selecting ‘POP3’ that appears on the list. You are going to see new settings on the screen.
- Under ‘POP3 Server’ option, you are going to enter ‘pop server sf rr com’ or ‘pop-server roadrunner com’ according to what your email address is. In ‘Port’ field, you need to enter ‘110’, in ‘Security Type’, enter ‘None’ and at last, click ‘Next’ to move ahead.
- Tap the field under ‘SMTP server’ and enter ‘mobile-smtp roadrunner com’ there. In ‘Port’ field, type ‘25’ and in ‘Security Type’ field, select ‘None’. Tap ‘Next’ a couple of time to move ahead.
- Enter a name for your TWC email account, but make sure not to use any random thing because this name will be visible to your contacts when they get emails from you. After entering the name, click ‘Done’ to finish the process.
This was the whole procedure of how to setup TWC email on your Motorola Droid OS. If you are able to set up the email properly, then that’s great, but in case, you come across any issue, then you can get in touch with TWC email login help and support.