Are you not able to access your TWC email in the iPhone’s email app? Well, you need to go through the steps provided in the post in order to restore the functioning of TWC email.
TWC email account can be configured with iPhone using IMAP or POP3 setting. If you have configured your TWC email using one of these two settings, then you should definitely read this post.
Email problems in iPhone are not a new thing, as many users experience issues in their email accounts on a daily basis. If you too are dealing with an issue, then go through below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to get your TWC email back to working state:
- Before you begin with the steps, it is important for you to check your internet connection whether it is working fine or not. Connect your iPhone with Wi-Fi in case data connection isn’t working properly on the phone.
- If you can’t send emails to your contacts, then the emails will be stored in the Outbox folder of the email account. You can open the ‘Outbox’ folder and check unsent emails from the list.
If you are facing issues in sending and/or receiving emails on iPhone configured using IMAP or POP3 setting, then go through the steps below.
Method 1: You need to check TWC email configuration on your iPhone’s email app. To do so, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Go to ‘Home’ settings on your phone.
- Click on ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’.
- Go to the ‘Email’ account option.
- You need to enter your TWC email account if prompted.
- Look for SMTP settings, which you can find at the bottom left of the screen.
- Open SMTP server information in ‘Outgoing Email Server’ settings by going into primary server location.
- Make sure to enable ‘SSL encryption’ from the drop-down menu by pressing ‘right arrow key’ to the server location.
- Create a password for your TWC email now.
Now, you will have to check your server information by going to the drop-down menu that contains the following options:
- Hostname: Enter the name of your host provider, which could be ‘smtp.server.com’.
- Username: This will be your TWC email address.
- Password: Enter this to validate your credentials. Enter the correct email password to log into your email.
Note: You need to pay attention to the port number given to you by the email provider. If the port number is ‘25’, then you must change it because this port number allows you to send emails from your TWC email only when it is connected with the TWC network.
Method 2: Sign out of your TWC email, wait for a few seconds and log back in.
Method 3: Close your iPhone’s email app and re-open it on your device.
Method 4: Delete your email account from the iPhone and add it from scratch again.
Besides these steps, if you are using TWC email through ActiveSync Exchange and getting the same problem, then go through the following methods.
Method 1: You need to check your email address and password if you have entered those in the right way or not. You can check these two things by going to ‘Settings’.
Method 2: Sign out of TWC email, wait for a few seconds and then, log back in using the same credentials.
Method 3: Remove your TWC email account from the phone by deleting all the files related to the emails and then, add the email again.