After creating RR email account, the next step is to configure it on various devices that you are using because an email is not just used on a single device these days, but people prefer to use it on multiple devices. So, what we are discussing today is the process of configuring RR email in MS Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express is a popular email client that is used by millions of users around the world. The reason why people configure their email accounts with MS Outlook is that it is easier to access all the features in an email account when used via an email client. If you want to configure your Roadrunner email with MS Outlook or Outlook Express in order to send and receive emails more easily, then you will have to follow below-mentioned steps:
- Start with opening MS Outlook Express.
- Then, you need to go to ‘Tools’ and then, ‘Accounts’.
- You are now going to see ‘Internet Accounts’ Window in which you will have to select the ‘Mail’ tab, then ‘Add’ and finally, ‘Mail’.
- Now, the internet connection wizard is going to start. Enter your name in ‘Display Name’ box followed by clicking on ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Next’ again.
- Enter your RR email address in the input box. But, make sure not to enter your ‘email@example.com’. You need to enter ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ or ‘Roger@yourdomain.com’. Once you have entered it, click ‘Next’.
- Now, enter ‘mail.yourdomain.com’ in the incoming mail and ‘mail.yourdomain.com’ in the outgoing mail. Click ‘Next’ now.
- Enter your full email address for the account name, which is also going to include the domain In ‘Password’ field, enter the password for your RR email address.
- Click ‘Next’ followed by clicking ‘Finish’.
- You are going to see the ‘Mail’ tab under which you will have to click the ‘Properties’ button.
- Now, select the ‘Server’ tab.
- You are now going to enable an option named ‘My server requires authentication’.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab now.
- You will now see ‘server port number’ and ‘outgoing mail’ option on the screen. The port number would be ‘25’ by default, so change it to ‘26’. You can’t send emails if the port number is ‘25’, so don’t forget to change the port number.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button, then ‘OK’ and finally, ‘Close’.
- Now, the setup process is finished and it’s time that you test your email account.
You need to try sending a test mail to your RR Login email that is now configured with your MS Outlook. If you are able to receive the email, then your email has been configured properly. You should also try sending an email from your RR email login, and if you are able to send it, then it will confirm that email has been setup in the right way. If you come across any problem during the configuration process, then you will have to get take help of email help and support providers. They will be able to assist you in the most precise way.